Established in 2008 Corey Skates has transformed from a part time hobby into a full time business exporting wheels all over the world. At the beginning of 2021 I officially stopped making custom wheels so I could focus on increased production. Today I do what I call semi-custom production where I do short runs of all the same colour and compound. This means that, over the year, colours and compounds will change around 6 times. Then, of course, the occasional custom order sneaks into my workload.
What sets my business and wheels apart, you might be asking yourself?
- A small one man show taking on the multinationals is one thing.
- Everything is made by hand using only the best raw ingredients available.
- All in house manufacturing of urethane products right here in Sydney, Australia. This means hand mixing, hand casting and machining.
- The custom urethane formulae are really something special, each unique to Corey Skates.
- Lots of research, development and testing.
My goal was to make wheels that last longer than the rest while still retaining high rebound for superior roll and grip. That goal was achieved way back in 2008 and today I keep making these wheels for skaters all over the world.